[Fis] emotions

Karl Javorszky karl.javorszky at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:30:12 CET 2023

Dear Konstantin et al,

Congratulations on your work on emotions and how they relate to the
succession of time. Specifically, I applaud your conceptualization of an
interdependence:

*I use the following definition of information: information is a structural
aspect of the existence of matter. At the present stage of the study of
matter, we know three aspects of its existence. The property of matter to
be stable reflects the mass (substance). The property of matter to change
reflects energy. The property of matter to have a structure reflects
information. These three aspects can merge into each other, but the
transition coefficients are very large. The transition of mass into energy
has a coefficient of "the speed of light squared". The transition of energy
into information has a coefficient of "one divided by the Boltzmann
constant". Therefore, mutual transitions "mass - energy - information" are
important only in some cases when energy or information is present in large
quantities and with a high flow density.*

*The concept of "human personality" does not have the same specific
definition. I use the following definition: a human personality is a
complex of connections both inside the psyche of a given individual and
outside it, that is, a complex of intrapsychic and social connections that
form a unique structure of an individual.*

*Of course, an estimate of the amount of information contained in a human
personality can only be approximate.*

You are contrasting emotions as a momentary state against emotions as
something that changes. In this respect, your contribution connects to one
a young lady had offered us a few months ago. She pointed out the
sequential order as being a constitutive factor in the interplay we know as
life. You deal with that aspect’s background: the momentary state.

The two concepts: what is now (the emotions) and what is in the process of
change (the flow of {time, energy, regulation, entropy, information, etc.})
are intimately connected. That what is contemporaneous is the background to
that what is sequenced, and vice versa.

Your words to describe the interdependence (stability, changeability,
structure) are as good as any three to utter while pointing to diverse
distinct main aspects of a mental picture. The important thing is that all
agree to what you point your index finger at, while saying: this is
stability, and what you point at while you say: this is changeability, and
which aspect you point out while you say: this is what I mean when I say
‘structure’.

May this person offer you a technical drawing, zoomable and scalable, which
depicts logical symbols while these perform acts of realizations of being
interconnected. The system of interconnections between stability,
changeability and structure can be easily demonstrated on the results of a
conjugation/declination of the logical sentence *a+b=c *in all its forms.

*Where *something is, is determined by the *qualities *of the something
relative to its peers in an *order context. *These three words describe the
same interconnection you talk about using three different words.

Howard’s remark:

*i suspect that emotions are our fastest form of information processing. in
other words, they have a wisdom of their own.*

reflects on the fact that we use two different syntaxes to describe linear
and planar positions and qualitative/structural properties. The former uses
the sequential readings of assemblies of symbols, while the latter reads
out similarity properties by grouping the symbols. Groups, like emotions,
are contemporaneous; the members of a group share a commutative symbol. We
recognize similar symbols, which are members of the same group, against a
background of diversities, created by all the other groups. Distances are
using a background of similarities, by using identical units to point out
the differences/diversities among the symbols.

Howard’s ‘wisdom of their own’ presumably refers to the grammatical rules
that govern, which groups are possible (admissible, realizable,
grammatical, true, etc.), among the groups that can coexist (emotions,
commutative readings of symbols of assemblies). (Examples: apathy is not
dysphoria; pH values have to remain within limits, etc.)

There are *two sets of *‘wisdom of their own’ that are to be obeyed when
reading off symbols from assemblies. The two sets of rules interact, and
human neurology uses aspects of one as background for the perception of the
other, and the other way around.

You are very right in pointing out that the numbers of possible
interactions among elements are extremely large. Combinatorics shows that
the interesting part of the interplay between sequenced and commutative
readings of symbols on an assembly takes place – in an idealized concept –
when reading off symbols of *~ 66 *carriers of symbols, leaving *~ 70 *as
background. The *relative *difference between the two readings is *~
350%, *which
allows for compression and expansion of anything and their grandmother too,
including space, energy, matter, structure, information, stability, etc.
The *absolute *difference is in the order of magnitude of ~ 10-94 % of
deviation*.* The number of distinct elementary occurrences near the
Eddington threshold of *n ~ 136 *is in the order of magnitude of *~ 10232. *Of
course, these are meaningless numbers outside of their own reference
system, because this multitude contains everything that can or can not be
the case, as such, as a stand-alone event, and also all the diverse
agglomerations that can be created out of so many possible interrelated
elementary occurrences. This is the result of the linear enumeration of the
planar coordinates that combine into 3 and more dimensions. The lineup of
the stripes of the flattened planes {into which spaces are projected/out of
which spaces are assembled}.

Thank you for presenting your approach. The suggestion may be allowed to
fuse the two ways of looking at symbols: as sequences and as groups.

Karl