[Fis] Can I marry Mary if Mary doesn't exist?

Krassimir Markov itheaiss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 19:51:14 CET 2024

*Reflection:*I use the term "reflection" in the sense of Theories of
reflections, which are more than one.
See, for example, these:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-23627-8*book-header__;Iw!!D9dNQwwGXtA!T537SJd4xcGA0tdxzHU3QVZeC5pU1o9ZOgUoL51GFgylsqNI8h3wiT-pOgP0ntvRzsGbB-aIfFqyYw4loKY$

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.qualityresearchinternational.com/socialresearch/reflectiontheory.htm__;!!D9dNQwwGXtA!T537SJd4xcGA0tdxzHU3QVZeC5pU1o9ZOgUoL51GFgylsqNI8h3wiT-pOgP0ntvRzsGbB-aIfFqy67yC4rQ$

*Transitive reflection:*
Look in the mirror and if you see yourself, you will get a wonderful
example of "transitive self-reflection".
If you see anything else there, then last night's party is probably still
in your head.

*Latent:*
Present and capable of emerging or developing but not now visible, obvious,
active, or symptomatic
a latent infection
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/latent__;!!D9dNQwwGXtA!T537SJd4xcGA0tdxzHU3QVZeC5pU1o9ZOgUoL51GFgylsqNI8h3wiT-pOgP0ntvRzsGbB-aIfFqyGb3LK2s$

Not all mental models exist to be "latent". But once created, they can be
assumed to be "latent" in the brain and manifest under certain stimuli,
such as under hypnosis.
Therefore, the term "latent information" should be used only in specific
cases where it is known that the relevant mental models or their
externalizations (materializations) exist.
Just because they could exist doesn't make them "latent".
So the question:
Can I marry Mary if Mary doesn't exist?
is rhetorical.

*Regarding not understanding one theory or another:*
This is only natural because the sets of mental models (recognized
reflections, knowledge, information) in our brains are very different.
No two brains have identical sets of mental models.
That's why education is - to create a certain set of mental models,
relatively common to a group of brains, allowing "informational
interaction" to take place between these brains.
In this sense is the theme of the next IS4SI Summit 2025:
"The key role of information interaction"

This is how I understand the "change of a given paradigm" - creation of a
certain number of mental models, relatively the same in a group of brains
and different from still existing others.
But how are you going to make the paradigm shift if those mental models
don't yet exist?

Chaotic, unstructured posting of "this just popped into my head" does the
exact opposite.
So please don't get mad if I don't react to everything that "flows" in the
FIS stream.
Moreover, I am currently heavily involved in organizing the IS4SI Summit in
2025.

With respect,
Krassimir