[Fis] "express matter and energy in terms of information"

Karl Javorszky karl.javorszky at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 11:01:48 CET 2024

Assisted Self-Exploration

2024 02 26

Dear Carlos,

Thank you for pointing out Alex’s remark, who said:

*P.S. Since the world, particularly that of living forms, is *

*extensively populated by critical points / instabilities,*

*the time evolution of the world cannot be fully described*

*by digital information.*

The situation in which someone is frustrated because of an inability to
solve a task is not that unusual. One of the established tools to assist
the client in this crisis is to encourage them to investigate their
inability and check whether there are ways with either improving on
abilities or lowering of expectations. Let me give a short and simple
demonstration.

*State:* So you can’t describe and explain clearly some processes of Nature
by using your traditional language.

*Question:* Do you think that what you cannot describe is

a.       The work of trolls, elves, divine will, Kismet and like

b.      Basically, comprehensible in a rational fashion

*State:* So, you are sure you can describe the thing if you have the
dexterity, because the thing, in itself, as such, is not indescribable. The
only thing is to learn, how.

*Question:* Do you think the problem lies

a.       In your brain, you not being talented enough

b.      In the tools you use, these not being suited to do the task with

*State:* It is the tools that are a problem. One is habituated to the tools
one has learnt.

*Question:* Would you be available for a clandestine revolutionary
conspiracy that would overthrow the ruling system, if by such acts you
could gain the ability to describe that what you presently cannot describe?

a.       No, I am a faithful follower of the Sumerians and their
descendants, their prophet Wittgenstein and his apostle Shannon. The world
is made up of units that are uniform. The units fit seamlessly. One state
of the world can be described by one logical sentence. You cannot fight
city hall, much less Academia.

b.      Yes, I believe that each one has the right to use their own head.
All established knowledge turns out in historical perspective to be a
man-made, socially influenced construct, with its structural problems. I
join the anti-Sumerian coalition by saying that biology needs a better
explanatory language than that developed by the Sumerians.

*State:* So, you can distinguish different properties of different units
and you are willing to talk about system of concepts, which deviates to the
ruling mantra, because it has different units, not uniform units like the
Sumerians.

*Question:* Have you been interested in rankings, social prominence,
privileges, class structures, social hierarchies and the like?

a.       No, sorting things was never my hobby. I avoid the subject of
sorting, because when I assign a rank to a thing, then this is a private,
subjective act. I have learnt that correct, objective, factual are such
things that I as a person have no dealings with. Sorting being a procedure
with many possible rules and many possible results, it is too much
subjective for me, and I shall never in my life sort and resort 12 books on
my table, because I hear in my head people saying. “Why do you put it
there? Could you not have taken a different place?!” in a sentence melody
which I have no wish to hear again.

b.      I thought you would never ask. This is a cathartic moment for me.
There is so much emotional ballast with my experiences of being sorted,
ranked, chosen, rejected, belonging to these but not to those which, etc.
etc. Besides, is a concept of continual reorderings not similar to a Greek
concept of competing deities, to Marx’s class struggle and the ideas of a
well-ordered collection and the ideal society?

*State:* You are ready to learn something new. The algorithms that describe
the functioning of a closed collection of individual units have not been
evolved by the Sumerians, because the poor devils had no computers. Now we
have computers and time and interest, so inevitably something non-Sumerian
had to come up eventually, with the flexibility to describe what happens in
biology, which is – somewhat simplified – a closed collection of individual
units.

*Question:* The proceedings within a *habitat *of simple logical units
direct your attention to recurrent patterns. One can only observe such, if
one breaks with 3 Sumerian traditions: 1. Finite collection (we use 136
units), 2. Units are individuals (we use pairs of *a,b*), 3. The individual
units have relations among each other (we read out numbers from a table).

a.       Such self-made artistry is not my métier. For me, science is that
what is published in respectable magazines and endorsed by influential
persons of authority.

b.      I was always good at accounting, sudokus, the magic cube and such.
Give me a riddle based on *a+b=c *for the first *16 a*,*b*, and I will sort
it out. If we dig up some archaic logical interconnectors, there is
business in this project.

Along such lines would an assisted self-exploration go.

Karl