[Fis] (no subject)

Karl Javorszky karl.javorszky at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:06:12 CET 2024

Dear Marcus,

May I answer those points which you direct at ideas Joe and I have floated.

    * I have no idea what 'becoming', 'non-axiomatic', or 'liens' (or
lines?) mean. I would benefit from clear examples of their role in terms of
Material Reality, which is to say the concepts themselves do not appeal to
me intuitively.*

The term of 'lien' refers to the numeric values you read off the cycles
into which the 12 books organize themselves while being reordered from
author - title into title - author. Book x is together with books q, r, t
in a cycle of your 12 books. Add up the values of the author, title values
for the cycles. Credit each member of the cycle with a proportional part of
the aggregate of the cycle. This credit for belonging to a whole (in this
case, a cycle) is the value of the lien among x, q, r, t.
Now if you reorder the 12 books according to weight - author and weight -
title and gain the liens, then in case there are conflicts about where a
thing should be, one can compare the liens and decide opportunistically.
The liens connecting members of 1 cycle each create together a system of
liaisons. (cf Liaisons dangereuses)

Joseph and I are delighted to discuss a fine point of whether the
relationship that is dormant counts as existing and whether the ability to
create relationships is a property of the symbols as such or rather becomes
a potential, dependent on circumstances. I am of a more nativist, material
based understanding, but Joe presents the affairs of the things and their
relationships as being a 'becoming' due to circumstances, and I don't see
any reason to object against the idea.

Generally, if you permit me to give feedback to your perceived role in the
group, I surely welcome a fresh and powerful voice. The rhetorical force of
your contribution is a change in the tradition of the discourse among the
learned friends.
It helps if you drop in your contributions that what someone else had said.
Your well prepared own thoughts keep being welcome.

Karl