[Fis] FIS POSTING RULES

Pedro C. Marijuán pedroc.marijuan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 20:37:23 CET 2024

Dear All,

In the information page of the list (
http://listas.unizar.es/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fis ) there appears
this First Rule for posting in the FIS list:

_- FIRST RULE: Maintaining the academic & scholarly code of conduct;
messages not abiding by it should be ignored._

Some of the comments below "judging" in perfunctory terms the work of
quite a few colleagues would not match that standard.

Personally I do not mind, but the whole bunch of personalized comments
is not OK, rather superfluous, and may be irritative for some concerned
parties.

Regards --Pedro
(FIS Coordination)

El 10/02/2024 a las 13:12, Marcus Abundis escribió:
> Greetings,
>
> Missing in this study of Limits of Formal Systems(ways of managing
> diverse abstractions), and even back to Yixin’s Paradigm Shifts and to
> Stu’s notes, is the matter of simple-to-complex material reality.
> Gordana partly framesthe issue as Multi-Level Analysis (too much like
> Multidisciplinary approaches?) and Dynamical approaches (differed from
> Agent views?)—where it is easy to agree a need for New Mathematical
> approaches and more.
>
> And now we have Krassimir’s (most of which I agree):
> < Have you asked yourself the "simple question“: "Why are there so
> many theories in mathematics with corresponding systems of axioms?“ >
> —Here, the reason is NOT mathematic or axiomatic, but
> Simple-to-Complex Material Reality, where HUMAN-logical gaps persist.
> It is our own `impoverished logic’ (a psycho-logical problem) that
> leaves us with mathematical issues, having failed to FIRST correctly
> view thefull problem(s). If we take modeling as a discipline, one must
> first find a proper intuitive fit BEFORE proceeding to mathematic
> models—the lesson of Einstein's famous thought experiments.
>
> PRIMALLY AXIOMATIC Simple-to-Complex Material Reality has many INNATE
> Material Paradigm Shifts, we imperfectly map via Logical Paradigm
> Shifts (re Yixin). Not until we have perfect knowledge of the cosmos
> and LEVEL TRANSITIONS, will `all such issues’ dissipate (re Kant’s das
> Ding an sich.
>
> To debate which CURRENT mathematic view might be a `better tool’ (re
> Category Theory, etc.) is too much like `dueling pathologies’,blind to
> our own personal flaws. This all brings the Limits of Formal Systems
> back to a central matter of a need for New Mathematical approaches.
> But to imagine new approaches we must FIRST confront our own logical
> gaps (psych-logical poverty). This dates back even further, long
> before Shannon, to Korzybski’s `confused levels of abstraction’.
>
> So when Krassimir states
> < thousands of articles pointing out how one formal system or another
> CANNOT be applied to modeling . . . But writing such articles is
> pointless.>
> — It is hard to disagree, except I would start by looking BENEATH
> living matter, as living matter itself cannot exist in a vacuum,
> always in a context ofeternal adaptations. To ignore STIPULATED
> adaption (adaption to what exactly? = context) as a central aspect of
> Simple-to-Complex Material RealityAND Life is equally pointless. A
> firm grasp of ensuing Functional Material Levels is thus an ESSENTIAL
> first step in confronting Limits of Formal Systems.
>
> But then, still — Krassimir — when various `axiomatic offerings’ are
> already known to you and us, why are we NOT critically examining those
> offerings . . . as part of discussing and truly exploring the current
> topic Limits of Formal Systems. For example,
>
> — Kun Wu’s view (1991—earliest I can find) of subject object modeling
> [...]

Este correo electrónico ha sido analizado en busca de virus por el software antivirus de Avast.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.avast.com__;!!D9dNQwwGXtA!VqorBWQWachzlyVatUnHYJAKMgPF5mqEZxvW_Xhrq7da2JUbJgfrz_u80zSCBybbMKSZs8cSWfAS-5A374RlRNnrAjDl$