[Fis] AI Discussion--Part 1 (by Yixin Zhong)

钟义信 zyx at bupt.edu.cn
Wed Oct 18 04:28:26 CEST 2023

Dear Marcus,

I am interestingly reading your comments on "Paradigm Change in AI". Many thanks for your concern and for your comments. Unfortunately, the website you provided cannot be accessible.

There are many topics for discussion and the comments on all the topics are valuable, I believe.

Anyway, the most meaningful points that are worth of discussing consist the followings.
(1) What is the proper definition for paradigm in the context of Kuhn's "scientific revolution"?
(2) Do you think the current paradigm in current AI problematic?
(3) More specifically, do you think the principle of "divede and conquer" unsuitable for AI research?
(4) Do you think the principle of "pure folmaism" sufficient for AI research?

My understandings on the four points above have been presented in the "Declaration" and "The Notes". Comments and criticism are mostly welcome.

Best regards,

Prof. Yixin ZHONG
AI School, BUPT
Beijing 100876, China