[Fis] Fis Digest, Vol 105, Issue 12 Human Wisdom vs Meta-Intelligence

Louis Kauffman loukau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 08:49:59 CET 2023

(I am sending this again with message body made small.)

Dear Eric,
The boundary between our dreams and our actualities is vague.
We do not yet actually have AI.
And when we get it, it will not longer be artificial.
AI = ~ AI.
The present LLM’s are nowhere near doing creative mathematics.
It is not enough to mimic rationality to do creative mathematics.
When the rules are all given and a search space is specified,
 then computers can look for and find mathematical proofs that humans would not find without them.
This has been done and it will be done spectacularly in the future.
This will be exciting but we (the mathematicians) are designers of these games.
We will always be happy to see the machines go forward into more and more possibilities.

The key concepts here are comprescence and coalescence.
As we work with technologies we are no longer alongside them, we are coalesced with them.
I use my glasses by putting them on and becoming the world view that happens in SEEING THROUGH them.
And then “I” have lost “my” objectivity.
It was never mine.
Best,
Lou
P.S. Please note that I write in such a way that it is tempting to imagine arguing with my point of view.
But I do not have the point of view. You have the point of view. And when you argue with “me” you are arguing with yourself.
My intent is to write down points of view until they become absurd and turn into other points of view.
I trick you into participating, but you should know that I am doing this.
You trick me into responding.
Knowing will accelerate the process.