[Fis] THE ROOTS OF MODERN CIVILISATION--Some More Old Roots

Karl Javorszky karl.javorszky at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 12:10:50 CET 2023

Dear Plamen et al,

*In search of a bold leader telling the new rules*

The discussion meanders around the theme of information like a team of
responders tasked with rescuing an animal from a deep morass. This is a
team effort. Finishing the task presupposes some agreements on how to
proceed. The discussion pivots to personalities like Copernicus, Bruno,
Galilei or Mendel, the monk. Darwin comes also to mind, with the trapped
unknown of the analogy being an animal. We have discovered something that
is both reasonable and common sense, and the idea is at the same time
hair-raisingly unconventional. There is nothing complicated in
understanding that the Earth is a moving globe, that rational reasoning is
more practical and useful than theology, that the Earth circles around the
Sun, that external, rational rules exist that predetermine rules of
heredity (and not divine plans), that there are rules that are common to
all animals, and the rule of the survival of the fittest is among these.
Once one has deconstructed prior beliefs, systems of beliefs and world
views based on these system of beliefs, one is free to think in a rational
fashion and finds out in the process of an anticlimax, that the core idea
is nothing extraordinary, but reasonable, common sense and rational.

*What is the core content of the new approach?*

The new idea is as simple as the ground-breaking ideas in the examples
above are understood to be simple, credible, reasonable ideas today. It
says: “The world is made up of parts. These parts do not fit seamlessly.
There is a natural, inner crack in the system. The difference, serration at
the edges of the non-seamless fits of parts is what we experience and
observe as information.”

The hair-raising part comes from the implications. If the edifice of the
whole is not fitting seamlessly, then the units must necessarily be
different. We best imagine the units to be at least 3 dimensional. In our
perspectives so far, we have observed that special case, when the units’
*value* sides were aligned: these do indeed fit seamlessly. This is the
system we use today, since the Sumerians. For each building block, there is
a side on which the blocks are comparable and have a *value* measurement
property. These edges of the units are in use presently.

How do you tell?

Copernicus and Mendel have chosen to avoid social scandals that arrive from
the implications of the rational idea. Giordano and Galileo have entered
the field of social conflicts arising from the meaning of the implications
of a rational idea. Darwin has followed a middle path.

Having shown that the concept of unit can well use an update on the
Sumerian design principle, and that within a cohort of individual units
typical movement and agglomeration patterns appear as soon as the
collection of elementary units is subjected to periodic changes, the
communication of the relevant central, rational, simple idea has been
achieved.

The difference between making money and working.

The business of being a part of the establishment supports its
participants. A notable contribution a few months ago, stated in a veiled
form, but quite clearly that the goal of the game is being cited and being
spoken about muchly. The rational content in the contribution towards the
ultimate theory of phlogiston is of secondary importance. Important is,
that one’s contribution be *en vogue.*

I such an environment, the individual voice does not count for much. One
may say, repeatedly, in diverse forms: “Say, look here! Look at what units
do all by their own nature! Look across this window here, they you see them
generating their own order. You all are looking thru the window that shows
us the elements in their habitat in Wintertime! The elements are all frozen
still and are immobile and can be measured on their taille exactly. In the
landscape you see thru the Sumerian window, the parts fit seamlessly into a
whole. In the Summer landscape we see thru this window here, that would be
a special case. The elements crouch, stretch, sit and move in dependence of
the requirements imposed by periodic changes. One will hardly find such a
party that the sum of their lengths is agreeing to a theoretically expected
value. There is a divergence between the Winter and the Summer behavior of
the elements in their habitat. The divergence is partly inbuilt (seen in
the ejection and attraction patterns of groups of elements, relative to
each other), partly situational, caused by the momentary phase in periodic
changes.”

The basic question is whether it is judged profitable by members of the
establishment to take away time from the profitable discussions on
phlogiston and spend time and brain on a walk to a new window, look out,
concentrate and try to understand the picture. No one pays the
establishment for doing work. What they are understood to have do is to
become and stay established and actively further the stability of the
establishment.

Copernicus needed some 100 years after his death to be understood. In the
case of Mendel, it was 17. In the case of the immanent crack in the
numbering system, one could still do a Darwin.