[Fis] Rest in peace Mark!

Krassimir Markov itheaiss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:53:47 CET 2023

Dear colleagues from FIS,
It is very hard for me to accept that Mark is no longer with us.
I have had a long friendship with him since 1988, which has led to very
good scientific results.
In the fall of 1988, in Tbilisi, we drank good Georgian wine and ate
delicious Georgian barbecue and discussed my idea of building a general
information theory.
Subsequently, we worked together and joint articles appeared.
In the process of work, we realized that we have different views on the
theory.
Mark focused on the external manifestation of information, consisting, in
my opinion, of data and knowledge, and I focused on the subjective
manifestation, which is based on subjective reflections and mental models,
the external correspondence of which is data and knowledge.
Thus two complementary general theories emerged.

Rest in peace Mark!

We will all miss you!

Krasimir