[Fis] Ted's 31 January note

Marcus Abundis 55mrcs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:17:49 CET 2023

Greetings All,

I read with interest Ted's note at the bottom of Plamen's last post (1 Feb)
– but that was not directly posted to FIS.

> It is hard for me to follow the connection that is being made
> among twists of history, axiomatic systems, the nature of
> information, and complaints about current events.

– I too have shared this difficulty.

> I do believe that the world is poorly understood so we navigate it
> unwell. Also that our reliance on reductionist logic is the main
> barrier. I agree with most here that some new paradigm based on
> poiesistic flow of information will give us better ‘logics’. A few here
> support intuitionistic types.
>
> So FIS is of central interest, but as with your biological systems
> modelling project I am interested more in things that work than
> those that are philosophically attractive.

– I often feel at odds with many in the FIS group in expressing the same
sentiment. This has driven me to largely work elsewhere . . . while still
feeling a kindred interest in underlying FOUNDATIONS of
Information Science.
– Still, I continue to make gains on the 'vision' Ted voices above. For
those with interest, I have completed a recent draft on Super-Intelligence
(expanding an earlier Theory of Meaning – IS4SI 2021). I am now LaTeX
formatting that draft for submission to upcoming conferences. Any final
comments are appreciated. The link for that draft is:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wNtaOib67CMsBe0SudNDl6ZVWrbXmdNw/view?usp=share_link__;!!D9dNQwwGXtA!X4AF63V-6yWDHwhAqro2nwRZ5NJvZWjLpy5P-mF00NiAimXXwWEVlqItFP4-U70rk9VzPmtkGhQOj8f8$

Pedro – perhaps of particular interest, I use 'degrees of freedom' in a way
I think not seen before.

Terry – as noted earlier, I offer a different way of viewing Entropy, in
contrast to your earlier work.

Thanks
Marcus