[Fis] Paradigm shift: from "I know" to "I don't know"!

钟义信 zyx at bupt.edu.cn
Wed Dec 6 02:10:38 CET 2023

Dear Krassimir,

What you proposed is an interesting point of view, related to paradigm shift. This is, of course, worth of discussing.

What I would like to remind is that the term of  "paradigm" in Kuhn can be referred to many things like pattern, mode, model, case, exemplar, etc. However, in <Paradigm Change in AI>, the term of "paradigm" can only be referred to the "scientific worldview and its methodology". This is because of the fact that only the <scientific worldview and its methodology> can be considered as the criterion of whether a scientific discipline needs a revolution whereas the others (like pattern, model, ...) cannot.

Comments are welcome.

My best wishes,

 Prof. Yixin ZHONG
AI School, BUPT