[Fis] FW: black hole and information. Probabilities in non-quantum and quantum systems

Loet Leydesdorff loet at leydesdorff.net
Wed Oct 14 07:04:31 CEST 2020

Dear Krassimir and colleagues,

@Thanks Joe for forwarding.

>The main problem is that probability is created by humans and only
>humans can compute probabilities!

Why is this a problem? It seems an advantage to me.

>There are no probabilities in the reality.
>
>It is a human model for evaluation of what may happen.

Indeed, this is precisely one among the noted advantages.

>But during the time, it was seen that it is a dead end.
>
>Probabilities are not physical and could not be assumed as physical
>information.
>They are mental models!

Do we have any non-mental models. Do you not confuse modeling with
physics?
Being not a physicist, I would not know what physical information is.

Shannon's H is not a physical, but a mathematical measure.  When one
applies it to particles (momenta and energy distributions) one can
relate it to physics; S = k(B) H relates H to thermodynamics. Physics,
however, is not the main field of application for probability theory and
information theory.

Best,
Loet

Best,