[Fis] The 10 Principles

Loet Leydesdorff loet at leydesdorff.net
Tue Oct 13 08:43:25 CEST 2020

Dear Bruno,

It is difficult to follow:

>We have to distinguish the level of the occurrence, but mechanical
>entities cannot draw a clear line between “historicistic” and the
>possible first person aspect relative to an evolutionary dynamic.
Yes.

>With mechanism, the very emergence of the physical laws are explained
>through a first person plural historicity, some one. It is were the
>many-histories internal interpretation of arithmetic by itself is
>filtered into a many histories account of the physical laws, like in
>Feynman path integral, but also like in the many-histories
>interpretation/formulation of quantum mechanics (Omnes, Griffith,
>Hartle).
Do you mean with "many histories" discursive?
The system of reference changes from "observer" to a discourse?

I agree that this makes concepts like "Shannon information"
inter-objective.  They are no longer based on observations of an
observer. It follows that there are two kinds of meaning:: subjective
and inter-subjective/communicative. Information (uncertainty) can be
coupled to variable degrees to each of them. One can have more or less
meaningful information.

Best,
Loet