[Fis] Fwd: The 10 Principles

Loet Leydesdorff loet at leydesdorff.net
Thu Oct 1 20:47:12 CEST 2020

Dear Pdro:

>But there is not any general "scala naturae" for information, it is a
>mere "projection"--
It is not projection, but construction. The theorizing which goes into
it remains open for testing.  The constructs can be considered "scala
culturae".

>unless our quantum info colleagues would surprise us with a
>self-producing, self-communicating cosmos. I do not deny that
>possibility.
The hypothesis is a chaology instead of a cosmology. All construction
(including the cosmos) is constructed.

indeed Shannon-type information theory can take us from scale to scale.

Best,
Loet