[Fis] Discommunication

Jose Javier Blanco Rivero javierweiss at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:53:27 CEST 2020

Dear Joseph & Gordana,

  When looking for scientific soundness it seems often obvious to focus on
the precision and elaboration of singular concepts. However, concepts
rarely work alone; they are entangled in semantic fields, types of
discourse, common places (*tópos koinós*) and so on. Therefore, I would
suggest, why don't we focus on the vocabulary we would need in order to
clearly set the problems we are interested in and the reach our conceptual
abstractions should have?
  I believe that thinking theoretically consists, in some Wittgensteinian
vain, in designing language games and that scientific communication consist
in convincing others to speak our language (or being convinced by others to
speak their language) and phrase problems our way.

Best,

JJ