[Fis] defining information - it is the time to pay attention to works of Yixin and Terrence

Krassimir Markov markov at foibg.com
Sun Mar 8 00:32:32 CET 2020

Dear Joseph and FIS Colleagues,

In my works, the concept “information” is still a secondary concept.

I hope we will have time to discuss this more deeply but now, I think, discussion on my theory has to be postponed because it is the time to pay attention to works of Yixin and Terrence.

Let remember a part of the explanation of Yixin:

“... there have been two categories of information, rather than one, existed and related to each other in the real world.

The first category of information is the one produced and presented from all things in the real world,

which may suitably be termed ontological information (or object information) and

the second category is the one perceived and utilized by humans,

which may accordingly be termed epistemological information (or subject information).”

Dear Yixin, please answer to the next questions:

1) You have different categories and types of “information” but I could not find clear answer of the question “ What is the “information”? ”. Is the concept “information” primary for you?

2) What the two categories above have in common to call them by the same name, though with additional adjectives.

Dear Terrence, You had written:

“ I prefer  Structural (IStruc),  Referential (IRef), and  Normative (INorm) information ... “.

I have similar questions as those above:

1) You have three types of “information” but I could not find clear answer of the question “ What is the “information”? “. Is the concept “information” primary for you, too?

2) What these categories above have in common to call them by the same name, though with additional adjectives.

Friendly greetings,

Krassimir