[Fis] IS4SI Brazilian chapter and Rio de Janeiro meeting

Pedro C. Marijuan pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es
Tue Nov 19 12:46:04 CET 2019

Dear Gustavo and Brazilian colleagues,

Welcome to the FIS list, and congratulations for the promising Brazil
IS4SI Chapter you are starting. It is great news to count with a
dedicated community in an important country such as Brazil, and even
more to realize that there is a relevant teaching effort on information
science there. It opens the possibility of student & research exchange
with other National Chapters (eg, China) who also have specific teaching
programs. The perspective you open of a "continental" chapter covering
also other Latin American countries looks a great goal. Maybe as you
suggest it could be attempted after the realization there of a IS4SI
(&FIS) venue --sure you can count with the support of scholars and
researchers of this community in order to have that event in July 2020,
and in next weeks you can check with the IS4SI structures too.
Concerning this list, the present nucleus of the Brazil Chapter is
invited to organize a discussion session on a favorite theme of their
election.
And that's it. My acknowledgement to Moises Nisenbaum, veteran FISer,
for the important role played in the creation of this Chapter.

Best wishes to you all,
--Pedro

Pedro C. Marijuán

pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es