[Fis] IS4SI Brazilian chapter and Rio de Janeiro meeting

Gustavo Saldanha saldanhaquim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:56:17 CET 2019

Dear colleagues, how are you doing?

I am Gustavo Saldanha, researcher of the IBICT <http://www.ibict.br/>
(Brazilian Institute of Information in Science and Technology). From
dialogues with Pedro Marijuan, we would like to present the proposal to
create a IS4SI & FIS Chapter in Brasil from the representation of IBICT.
Our institute is the first centre of informational theoretical studies and
information philosophy in Latin America. In 1970 we created the first
postgraduate
program in Information Science <http://www.ppgci.ufrj.br/pt/> and the first
research domain in information philosophy in Latin America.

The initial names are:

Lena Vania Ribeiro Pinheiro (PhD in Communication and Culture - IBICT
researcher) - lenavania at ibict.br
Moisés André Nisenbaum (PhD in  Information Science - IFRJ Professor) -
moises.nisenbaum at ifrj.edu.br
Gustavo Saldanha (PhD in Information Science - IBICT Researcher) -
saldanhaquim at gmail.com
Ricardo Medeiros Pimenta (PhD in Social Memory - IBICT Researcher) -
ricardo.pimenta at gmail.com
Marco Schneider (PhD in Communication - IBICT Researcher) -
art68schneider at gmail.com
Arthur Coelho Bezerra (PhD in Social Sciences - IBICT Researcher) -
absurdosturos at gmail.com

We have other colleagues in Latin America (Argentina, Mexico, Cuba and
Colombia) and we can invite them.

Our main thematic axes already developed at IBICT are:

   - Philosophy of Information; Epistemology of Information Science;
   Scientific communication in informational studies; Information Ethics;
   Digital Humanities; Critical theory of information; Informational
   mediation; Knowledge organization.

We are also available to hold an edition of the scientific event in Brazil.
We can to realize a shorter scientific conference in Rio de Janeiro in
2020. For us would be very important. We are in a difficult political and
economic context, but we are available to add efforts to an event.
Throughout 2020 we will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Information
Science in Brazil and Latin America.

What do you think about an event in July 2020? Some colleagues could come
to Rio de Janeiro in this meeting to talk about IS4IS and we would launch
the Brazil chapter.

We await your evaluation and suggestions.

Best regards,

*Gustavo Saldanha*
Pesquisador adjunto - IBICT/MCTIC
Professor adjunto - Unirio
Rua Lauro Muller, 455, 4o andar, sala 401
Botafogo - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - 22.290-160
Tel: 21 3873-9458 - Fax: 21 3873-9450
Endereço eletrônico: gustavosaldanha at ibict.br
Endereço alternativo: saldanhaquim at gmail.com
Grupo de pesquisa: Ecce Liber <https://www.ecceliber.org/>