[Fis] What is a machine? Numerical Paths. Information Properties

Joseph Brenner joe.brenner at bluewin.ch
Mon Nov 4 19:09:11 CET 2019

Dear All,

On Nov. 4, 2019, Jerry wrote:

It is possible to give a logically rigorous path that connects heteropathic
scientific antecedents to emergent heteropathic consequences by numerical
paths.

My first question is whether or not the numerical paths which connect
antecedents and consequences operate without loss of information. If so,
such an information channel would seem quite magical. Second, I would
greatly appreciate further information or a reference regarding Peirce's
"breadth and comprehension as properties of information". I can understand
breadth, more or less metaphorically, but comprehension is jargon, unless it
is a Whiteheadian term I have missed. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Joseph

  _____