[Fis] "the mother of information"

Karl Javorszky karl.javorszky at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:34:49 CET 2019

Conscious, subconscious and unconscious

There are different denotations to these terms in different professional
contexts. For a psychologist, the opposites are conscious – unconscious,
but this delineates at the same time the metier of psychologists from that
of neurology and psychiatry.

The basic question appears to be whether the organism is living or not. The
differentiation into conscious and subconscious is a discussion on very
finely printed details, which are actually of no relevance in professional
eyes. Any person can pretend to be more idiotic than he is, as opposed to
the other way of disguise, one pretending to be more clever than he is in
reality, which pretence is not that easy to maintain.

In the classical case of a hysteric having problems with sausages,
cucumbers, carrots and chimneys it is irrelevant if the person knows or not
of what these forms remind them. After relaxation, they will have no
problem censuring the inner movie. The border being fluid between no-no
pretension and oy-wey suffering, in practice one may say that the net
benefits from pretending to be different and being different are really
exchangeable in quantity (otherwise it would not be necessary or would be
impossible to change the memory filing system). Acceptance of one’s
so-called “negative identity” ends the need to keep up lies envers one’s
self. If I don’t shame myself for myself, there is no need to lie to
myself. The obsessive occupation with unseen, hidden, mysterious parts of
oneself, which one declines to identify with, is either a sign of
overdemanding authority figures in childhood (“internalised repressive
introject”), or of unsolved curiosity of the secrets of the parents.
Neither of the variants are a big deal, clinically. The key tools are
self-exploration by asking oneself: What do I hide before myself, and Which
kind of curiosity do I entertain which I believe I should not entertain?
and similar rhetorical half-steps.

Much more interesting is the phenomenon of life itself. There is reason to
believe that the term “life” refers to a cybernetic feedback loop, where
the temporarily transversal – momentary, contemporaneous – state of the
collection (organism) exerts a running constraint on the alternatives the
same organism possesses in its process along the temporally transversal
mental axis. This process has been discussed in the FIS chatroom several
times in the last 10-15 years. The last time the interaction has been
presented in this chatroom, the analogy was with a battalion of soldiers
being fed beans and the non-synchronicity of the resulting physiological
processes. The fact that food is being digested and the resulting feeling
of hunger causes the organism to seek food again is a nice example of
momentarily existing states (full -> hunger) influencing the future
activity (lazy -> goes hunting).

As this august assembly has not yet found time, interest and courage to
address the interdependence between sequences and mixtures, a deeper
discussion has to wait to such days as participants realise that “now” is
different to “earlier” and “later”, but both can be transformed in a way
that shows how these perspectives may produce differing pictures, although
the underlying mental creation is one and the same. (Cf the tale of blind
people describing an elephant to each other.)

*Feedback loops* is the *general chapter*, *electrical discharges*
resulting from non-continuable states of collections is the *section*,
*replicable
patterns of electrical discharges* resulting from non-continuable states of
collections that can be evoked without the state of the collection being
non-continuable is the *paragraph *in the rational description of a living
organism.