[Fis] "The Bandwagon" !

Krassimir Markov markov at foibg.com
Thu Dec 26 13:37:52 CET 2019

Dear Xueshan, Michel, Marcin, and FIS Colleagues,

I answer to your closed discussion, because Michel has posted it in FIS list.

Culinary science is different from the science of making pots!
Pots are just one of the technical tools that culinary science uses, but the end product of culinary science is the food, no matter with what means it is prepared.

But neither the culinary science nor the science of pots can correctly define the concept of "delicious"!

Computer science is the engineering science of creating data processing tools, as well as the science of data processing itself with computers.

Please read Shannon's article "The Bandwagon" (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=1056774).
He made it clear that his theory was not about information, it is just a theory of data transmission and it is too dangerous to transmit its results beyond the field of data transmission (communication).

Some colleagues confuse “data” and “information” concepts.
Replace the word "information" in their writings with the word "data" and you will get brilliant theories.

The same applies to all other sciences - they can help with the right tools and experiments, but they can't define the concept of "information" correctly.

The concept of "information" is a philosophical one and only in philosophy is it possible to give a good definition to be used by other sciences.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Warm friendly greetings,
Krassimir