[Fis] Welcome to Join the Discussion about Information Studies ! (Forward:)

shda1 shda1 at 163.com
Sun Nov 18 05:12:50 CET 2018

Dear FIS colleague,

I have always maintained that the discussion of information theory will touch on the most authentic issues of all things in the universe, and,FIS(Foundations of Information Science) Forum is the only international arena to discuss the theoretical foundation of contemporary information science.Recently, Professor Xueshan Yan, the vice-president of The International Society for the Study of Information, was entrusted by Professor Pedro, a Spanish biologist and  vice-president of The International Society for the Study of Information, to launch a seminar on information science, which is very impressive. I will forward it now.

Best wishes.

Wang Chen

 Dear Colleagues,

FIS(Foundations of Information Science) Forum is the only international arena to discuss the theoretical foundation of contemporary information science. According to the European Directive on Data Protection, the forum has recently been adjusted and needs to be re-registered. Taking this opportunity, I am entrusted by my colleague Pedro--the list coordinator, vice-president of The International Society for the Study of Information, and an Spanish biologist--to invite you, to join our forum. Within my vision, all of you are colleagues who have profound insights into information issues. To do that, you only need to fill in your e-mail address at the following address: http://listas.unizar.es/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fis, and set up a password. Our forum does not collect any other personal information and is free. After registration, the website will automatically form a mailing list of all the posts circulating and send them to your mailbox.

In the near future, I would like to invite the following scholars to introduce the following topics: (proposal)

1. Similarities and Differences between Computer Science and Information Science

Main Speaker: Academician Li Yanda, School of Information Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, China

2. Similarities and Differences between “Library and Information Science (Information Management)” and Information Science

Main Speaker: Professor Miguel Nunes, School of Information Management, Sun Yat-Sen University, China

3. The Relationship between Systems Science and Information Science

Main Speaker: Professor Di Zengru with his colleagues, School of Systems Science, Beijing Normal University, China

4. Can "Information" and "Meaning" be Unified into One Concept?

Main Speaker: Professor Jia Guoheng, Department of Philosophy, East China Normal University, China

5. What is Humanistic Information Science?

Main Speaker: Professor Jonathan Furner, Department of Information Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, United States

6. Information Problems in Molecular Communication

Main Speaker: Professor Roman Nalewajski, Faculty of Chemistry, the Jagiellonian University, Poland

7. Is Endocrine System an Information System?

Main Speaker: Professor Feng Maozi, School of Life Sciences, East China Normal University, China

8. The Relationship between Linguistics and Information Science

Main Speaker: Professor Lü Gongli, School of Foreign Languages, Qiingdao University, China

9. A Comparative Analysis of Human Language and Cellular Language

Main Speaker: Professor Yuan Yulin, Department of Chinese Language and Literature, Peking University, China

10.Integrated Research and Education about Information Science in Universities

Main Speaker: Professor Osamu Sakura with his colleagues, Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies, University of Tokyo, Japan

The above topics and speakers are only a proposal, most of them have not yet been discussed with the parties concerned. But from my own reading experience, I think all of you have unique insights in these fields related to information science. In addition, if other researchers have important basic information science research topics willing to share with international colleagues, please contact Pedro: pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es or me: yxs at pku.edu.cn.

The main topic of the post is very simple: a content about 1 to 2 pages of A4, as long as the problem can be clearly stated, the purpose is to arouse people's attention and discussion on the related issues. The working language is English.

Since 1997, we have discussed the basic issues of information science for 20 years. Unfortunately, due to technical failure, only part of our posts have been retained. You can glance them at:

1997-2007: http://fis-mail.sciforum.net (Repairing……)

2014-2018: http://listas.unizar.es/pipermail/fis/

The topic we are discussing recently is "Narrative (and Information)".

We are entering the quantum century of the 21st century, but the information problem is a huge scientific debt left over from the 20th century. It is the responsibility of all information science researchers to pay off it.

Best wishes to all,

Xueshan Yan

Associate Professor of Department of Information Management, Peking University

Vice-President of The International Society for the Study of Information

各位学者好:

“信息科学基础论坛”是国际范围内对当代信息科学进行探索的唯一基础性理论园地,依据欧洲数据保护法令的规定,论坛最近进行了调整并需要重新注册。借此机会,我受我的同事Pedro──现代信息科学基础理论研究发起人,国际信息学会副主席,西班牙生物学家──的委托,在我的视野范围内,邀请一批主要是中国的(也包括个别国外的),对信息问题具有深刻见解的学者参与我们的信息科学基础论坛讨论。加入论坛仅需将自己的电子邮箱填入下列地址:http://listas.unizar.es/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fis,并设立私人密码,其他不收集任何个人信息,不收取任何费用。注册后,网站会将论坛里所有人的发言自动形成一个邮件列表并及时发送到注册者的邮箱。

未来的近期我个人希望邀请如下学者就如下信息问题进行讨论:(拟议中)

1、计算机科学和信息科学的异同

主讲者:清华大学信息科学技术学院李衍达院士

2、“图书馆与信息科学(信息管理学)”和信息科学的异同

主讲者:中山大学资讯管理学院龙乐思教授

3、系统科学和信息科学的关系

主讲者:北京师范大学系统科学学院狄增如教授(及其同事)

4、“信息”和“意义”能够统一成一个概念吗?

主讲者:华东师范大学哲学系贾国恒教授

5、什么是人文信息科学?

主讲者:美国加利福尼亚大学洛杉矶分校信息学系福纳教授

6、分子通信中的信息问题

主讲者:波兰雅盖隆大学化学学院纳列瓦斯基教授

7、内分泌系统是一个信息系统吗?

主讲者:华东师范大学生命科学学院封茂滋教授

8、语言科学和信息科学的关系

主讲者:青岛大学外国语学院吕公礼教授

9、人类语言与细胞语言的层次对比分析

主讲者:北京大学中国语言文学系袁毓林教授

10、大学中的信息科学集成研究与教育

主讲者:日本东京大学交叉信息科学学院佐仓统教授(及其同事)

上述只是拟议中的一些题目,大部分还未与当事人协商。但就我个人的阅读经历来看,我认为前述诸位在信息科学相关领域是有独特见解的。此外,其他研究者如有重要的信息科学基础研究话题并愿与国际同行分享,请与Pedro:pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es,或我:yxs at pku.edu.cn联系。

主讲的帖子十分简单:大约1~2页A4纸的内容,只要把问题说得明白即可,目的是激起大家对该问题的重视与讨论。工作语言为英语。

自1997年以来,我们已经就信息科学的基础问题进行了20年的讨论。很不幸,由于技术故障,我们只有部分发言被保留了下来。大家可以查阅:

1997~2007: http://fis-mail.sciforum.net(修复中)

2014~2018:http://listas.unizar.es/pipermail/fis/

最近我们讨论的主题是“叙事(和信息)”。

我们正在进入21世纪的量子世纪,但信息问题是20世纪遗留下来的一笔巨大科学债务,还清这笔债务是包括上述邮件列表在内的所有与信息问题有关的科学研究者责无旁贷的责任,我们没有理由袖手旁观!

祝好!

闫学杉

北京大学信息管理系副教授

国际信息学会副主席

(请广为转发,并希望推荐对信息科学具有优秀见解,尤其是对信息与《周易》、《道德经》、《中医经络》等的关系具有优秀见解的人士参加。不论中国与外国。)