[Fis] Short article by Chaitin on information incompleteness

John Collier Collierj at ukzn.ac.za
Tue Oct 27 17:44:05 CET 2015

I am inclined to agree with you, Joseph. Chaitin is a bit on the Platonic side (more so than Bertrand Russell, I would say). I think that we need to get a unification of the physical and the informational, as I have argued numerous times on this list. I have been working on some rigorous connections using the entropy concept, where information has units of per degree of freedom, but since most people don't understand entropy it is not clear to me that I have made real progress. So I haven't published the results yet until I can simplify the argument even more.

John Collier
Professor Emeritus, UKZN
http://web.ncf.ca/collier