[Fis] Shannon-Weavers' Levels A, B, C.

Marcus Abundis 55mrcs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 07:10:45 CEST 2015

Hey Mark,
    Sorry if I confused things by commenting on Bateson AND THEN
Shannon-Weaver. In my mind those were two different matters, and did not
merit my calling them out as such.

In general . . .
    I too never saw Shanon-Weaver's Levels A, B, C as complete. In fact, I
thought that portrayal as barely (oddly) half-hearted, in contrast to the
allusion to a needed "theory of meaning." Still, I will dig into the work
Loet and Bob reference . . . and see if I can find some personal
satisfaction.

    ALSO, I found myself wondering if I should somehow try to tie Steven's
sense of locality in with the notion of Levels A, B, C. Perhaps they are
not specific enough in order to do so – not sure.

[image: --]
Marcus Abundis
[image: http://]about.me/marcus.abundis
<http://about.me/marcus.abundis?promo=email_sig>