[Fis] [Fwd: Information And Locality, Addendum's]--Steven

Steven Ericsson-Zenith steven at iase.us
Fri Oct 2 22:50:43 CEST 2015

Dear Pedro,

I greet your response with thanks and a sigh of relief. At least someone is
paying attention. :-)

I understand your concern re. multiple parts and apparent complexity in the
full "life-cycle" as you speak of it.  I suspect that there underlie it all
a few very simple rules, and this is my premise.

Central to this view is this notion of locality.  In the organism
structure, no localized action is entirely isolated.  Even "... the very
different signaling capabilities/properties of one component, two
components, three components, and above all, the sigma factors ..." are
unified by it, and this is manifest in our own refined and coordinated
capacity to see, taste, hear, touch, smell the roses, feel pain, pleasure,
and move simultaneously.

We cannot apply the strict locality notions of computer engineering. There
is no isolated point-to-point signal.

So I do expect that the same hyperfunctor mathematics of closed structure
that I have described for cells applies across all (closed)
membrane structures and within.

Despite this, we, as an example of this messy complexity, are still able to
refine the action of habit to amazing precision and refine thought to
stunning exactitude.

This is clearly an article of faith on my part in Wigner's "unreasonable
effectiveness" of mathematics and the simplicity advocated by Einstein. Who
could have imagined a century ago that the apparent complexity of
 celestial mechanics would be tractable to a single theory such as
Einstein's?

So because of this I am confident in my very simple approach and you will
see shortly, in a subsequent post, how the mathematics is simplified and
extends to the forces of physical science generally to produce a holistic
mathematical physics, including the effects of gravitation,
electromagnetism (chemistry), and sense.

I suspect that Darwinian evolution is itself messy, leaving behind it both
redundant and useless artifacts. Engineering-wise I believe that a
simplified genomics is both possible and ultimately programmable. Enabling
us to devise organisms with particular behaviors able to serve our
inevitable causes. And, of course, I return to those in large-scale
computation and to my grand-challenge to place life where it would not
otherwise occur.

Regards,
Steven

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 5:00 AM, Pedro C. Marijuan <pcmarijuan.iacs en aragon.es