[Fis] Concluding Comments?

Karl Javorszky karl.javorszky at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 16:44:01 CET 2024

Very nice progress. We are discussing the inner structure of an edifice
called information.
All very well, but please align your plans to the fundaments of the
edifice. We need that what is being said, also in this current session, to
be congruent with the general logic which still rules supreme.
Whatever melody our deliberations during the past session have created in
our collective mind, it must be playable by the organ that a+b=c has
constructed. If the procedure of biology, natural and AI are rational, the
procedure must be expressible in a Wittgenstein-Shannon type language also.

Therefore, within the symbols set there must be something that allows the
construction of relations among distinct concepts. If biology is a periodic
process taking place on a closed collection of individual logical units,
then the interrelations are included as a part of the same package which
has delivered us the Sumerian units and all our knowledge since. It is a
property of the symbol set that it generates by its own diverseness those
patterns to which we point and invent a name for.
Learned Friends already discuss the relations among ideas, while the
mechanic's workshop generates first prototypes of ideas that describe
patterns. We can point to collections of numbers and say "these depict
facts" and concurrently to collections of numbers and say "these depict the
ideas that are referring to / included / consequence of / etc. of the same
facts". The rules of interrelations between facts, their ideas and
realizations yield the basic architecture of the edifice of information.
The rules of how numbers relate to each other describe the rules of how
things (in their manifold forms and properties, like space, mass, energy,
etc) relate to each other.

The grand idea is that the collection of all possibilities is a finite
number as long as the number of objects that interact is finite. In the
Grand Total the realized and the non-realized are the same sum. A statement
about the collection will discuss both what is the case and what can yet be
the case (in a closed, limited, periodic habitat). Using an etalon
collection, one can demonstrate that indeed there are two levels in the
discussion: the level of facts and the level of ideas.

There is a gearbox, translation mechanism which mediates the aspects
<should be - can be> the case, which is a complex interplay between cycles
and the bazaar, its consequences being felt both in the world of facts and
in that of ideas.

Hope that this offer of a numeric outline for a basic structure is found
practical for your investigations.