[Fis] With or without math?

Stuart Kauffman stukauffman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:08:34 CET 2024

Thanks Lou and Krassimir. And/But….

Living systems are not formal deductions. Living systems do thermodynamic work to construct themselves as physical entities. The evolving biosphere really is a non-deducible propagating construction, not an entailed deduction. Mere formal deduction constructs nothing physical, que no? Living cells are not merely passive cognizes. As open non-equilibrium chemical reaction systems they must eat or die.
BES
Stu