[Fis] [External] Re: " express matter and energy in terms of information"

Carlos Gershenson cgershen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 17:43:21 CET 2024

About latent/Platonic information:
I think we can agree that there are (infinite) primes that have never been written down. Do they exist? I think so, in a particular way. Perhaps, as it was mentioned, the difference can lie between information that has been observed, and that which has not. Like the tree falling in a forest with nobody there to listen (observe), I guess we can assume that ontologically the tree fell, even if epistemologically no observer can say anything about that. (I elaborate on this distinction between “absolute being” and “relative being” here https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://arxiv.org/abs/nlin/0109001__;!!D9dNQwwGXtA!UTF2fg6sqvtQgQb_nuxoj5voh6N_Gw_p9V5p01SPx3bPOcoH28OuL7JzSKI1rsIztIhpoxXFZaIVGWmRwZo$  although this is from my undergrad years and for sure could be updated).

Gordana: Isn’t ChatGPT an observer? I mean, LLMs can be said to be trained through “observation".

Best wishes,
Carlos