[Fis] "express matter and energy in terms of information"

Marcus Abundis 55mrcs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 04:01:12 CET 2024

Hey Carlos,
< Perhaps we are confusing epistemology and ontology >
A bit differently from Krassimir, I suggest the two (epi. & onto.) are
inextricably `informatically entwined' as energy-matter, but we too often
confuse our 'levels of abstraction' in navigating a simple-to-complex
cosmos (re Korzybski).
I refer you to my 13 February post where I answer Krassimir's question on
'energy and matter as information'.
In that post I mention *HOW 'things' JOIN* which is synonymous with
'relational LOGIC' but which notably differs from Francis's 'relational
AGENCY' even if they are directly related. In THAT post I build a
'relational model' from the ground up, unfolding in a MOST
simple-onto-complex role, which includes ontology (HOW 'a thing' comes into
EXISTENCE) and epistemology (HOW we KNOW 'a thing's' role) — all as
realized 'inter-relating of things' (the HOW). I suggest this presents a
comprehensive 'theory of meaning' (for ALL levels of abstraction) via
'functional (HOW) analysis'.
The 'problem of subjectivity' (re Krassimir's note and Francis's paper)
only arises at the 'level of agency', but not at the 'level of atoms'. For
example, oxygen atoms do not '*adaptively* compete' with other oxygen
atoms, or with Na or Cl atoms, etc. to maintain 'an identity' as *an atom*.
Differently, agents continually compete for 'survival of identity', between
species AND within species, where (subjective, individual) differences in
(objective) sensorium and perceptual limits have a major (Life/Death)
effect. This atom/agent difference also covers Alex's noted issues.
It is for THIS reason I suggest the only useful way to cover ALL cases (the
simple-to-complex), and avoid confusion, is to start from a most
rudimentary level (re my 13 Feb post), suitably covering ALL LEVELS at the
same time —plainly moving from simple-to-complex.

Marcus