[Fis] Fwd: Re: emotions (From Howard)

Pedro C. Marijuán pedroc.marijuan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 11:51:04 CEST 2023

-------- Mensaje reenviado --------
Asunto: 	Re: [Fis] emotions
Fecha: 	Mon, 3 Apr 2023 23:22:05 +0000 (UTC)
De: 	Howard Bloom <howlbloom at aol.com>
Responder a: 	Howard Bloom <howlbloom at aol.com>
Para: 	roy.morrison114 at yahoo.com <roy.morrison114 at yahoo.com>,
fis at listas.unizar.es <fis at listas.unizar.es>, jnavarrol at unizar.es
<jnavarrol at unizar.es>

wonderful stories.

i call the selves that yank your hand off a hot stove or that bond to a
shark the "selves below the floorboards of the self."

according to my late acquaintance Jaak Panksepp, there are two major
emotional brain centers--the hunting, seeking part that takes on
challenges and is rewarded with dopamine.  and the bonding part of the
brain, which, i suspect, works on oxytocin.

the bonding part of the brain was at work in the shark who fell in love
with the fisherman who saved her.

with warmth and oomph--howard