[Fis] Health . . .

Marcus Abundis 55mrcs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 08:17:48 CEST 2022

Dear Loet,

I was saddened to hear of your recent health developments – but then one
can not be so surprised by such news (we ALL are getting older). I already
emailed you that I thought your and your colleagues' last project was
particularly important, even if it was at a higher-level than I could use
for my own project(s). Still, I was looking forward to seeing  the 'next
turn in the road' for this intellectual track you last spelt out.

I always found your FIS comments clear and useful – in fact, I was saddened
that OUR focuses were so different, mine being 'a priori' and yours being
more 'social' (in my view). Selfishly, I wanted/needed someone with your
intellect/headroom to work with in improving my own work, which I hoped to
find in FIS . . . but such is life.

Lastly, I thank you for sharing this personal news. I imagine it was not
easy to accept such news from one's own doctor . . . and then to share it
publicly – I imagine it took some courage. Such frank candor, I think I
have only found among the Dutch (please forgive my gross/naive
generalization), but I lived in Holland for 6 years and came to admire the
Dutch on many levels.

Regardless, I wish you the best with the latest turn, and fondly express my
thanks for your work and service to FIS and to HUMANITY . . .

[image: --]
Marcus Abundis
[image: http://]about.me/marcus.abundis
<http://about.me/marcus.abundis?promo=email_sig>