[Fis] A New Intellectual Avant-Garde

joe.brenner at bluewin.ch joe.brenner at bluewin.ch
Mon May 9 12:34:01 CEST 2022

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Here is a first response to Pedro's pre-manifesto. As a chemist, I note
first that for crystallization of something new to occur, you have to have
the right reactants, but after the reaction is complete, the solution (in
both senses) must cool down. Here, I would simply like to add to the
reaction mix the concept of the value of "Eastern" forms of thought:
openness, vagueness and change. No pontification or claims of eternal
validity. If anything is certain about our discussions to date, most
attempts at finding "clear" definitions and other analytic approaches have
failed. What I would hope to see is an avant-garde that could produce new
syntheses, combining Pedro's position, my suggestion and others with an also
necessary scientific rigor.

Best,

Joseph