[Fis] FW: [External Email] Re: Biological computation session - Kickoff Text. Change

joe.brenner at bluewin.ch joe.brenner at bluewin.ch
Mon Jun 20 18:04:02 CEST 2022

Dear Koichiro,

Of your many contributions to knowledge and this list, this one most clearly supports the core thesis of my non-standard logic of processes and its principle of dynamic opposition having equivalent status to formal quantum mechanics in some macroscopic cases. To help above all me to understand this better, I would be very grateful for examples of the operations

In which you see “concurrent operation of symbolic and indexical languages”. I would like to use these for a direct comparison with the concept of potentiality I have been proposing.

I would just like to suggest that such concurrent participation does not exclude and perhaps implies that,  perhaps  in the very biological cases of interest, the two types of phenomena corresponding to your epistemic categories are not totally separated or separable. The most basic example I can think of is that of kinetic and potential energy.

To repeat, where you write symbolical and indexical languages, which are formally distinct (epistemological, separable), I see the actual and potential proper parts of processes (ontological, non-separable). Dynamic opposition is thus a necessary principle of non-separability operating in the “various disciplines”.

I look forward to your response, and that of All, with great interest.

Best wishes,

Joseph