[Fis] Fis Digest, Vol 86, Issue 9. Humor and Ontology

Karl Javorszky karl.javorszky at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:00:23 CET 2022

Dear Joseph,

We may or may not agree on many points, and I greatly respect your
thoughts. In your last message, however, I read a position which merits a
more declarative reaction, in my eyes. I will try to put it - in the spirit
of our present session - with as much humour as I can.

You write:

*In some approaches, such as Karl's, reference is not made to epistemology
as such, but to abstract entities of thought ("numbers") the rules for
whose changes and behavior capture, inefficiently, only a very small
fraction of real phenomena.*

*This is not scientific.*

Please allow me to debate two points:

1) *abstract entities of thought ("numbers") the rules for whose changes
and behavior capture, inefficiently, only a very small fraction of real
phenomena.*

If there is one thing that this person repeatedly and insistently tries to
tell you all, in the past 25 years, it is that he has found a way to use
these abstract entities ("numbers") in a *novel way*, by adding more rules
to the changes and behaviour of these abstract entities.

Due to these innovations, two things happen:

a) the changes and behaviour of the abstract entities capture the real
phenomena *far more efficiently; *and

b) the changes and behaviour of the abstract entities capture a *far
greater fraction *of real phenomena.

2) *This is not scientific*

It is hard to find anything more scientific than number theory. Scientific
means that

·       People are in agreement about what they discuss,

·       Hypotheses can be subject to verification,

·       The methodology of arriving at results is agreed on,

·       The experiments can be reconducted and will bring forth identical
results,

·       The start, the conduct and the evaluation of the results of any
experiment (hypotheses) are agreed to be factual truth

*Your statement* is, colloquially rephrased:

No use watching spectacles with agreed on units. The definition of units
and of methods guarantees that nothing new and surprising can come about
playing with abstract entities, specifically numbers. These are but our
inventions, and we have invented them so, that they can by their nature not
picture anything meaningful. Anyone who states otherwise is a charlatan.

*This humorous session* is a perfect background for my statement,
colloquially rephrased:

Watch ye all now! You will not believe your eyes! You would not have
thought this possible! The greatest miracle since the Sumerians!

Watch my paper and pencil. Let me draw snowmen for you. Let us talk about
dolls. That what you are about to experience now will hit you deep in your
unconscious. You need to re-learn what you have learnt at the age of 6
years. There is more to the romance of *(a,b) *than that sanitised, family
version of *a+b=c *where all goes well, which you were taught. We now show
what happens *in reality *(anyone interested in a contrast logic –
reality?) among the two: *(a,b). *Rivalries and more.

*Watch my tables* which here I generate with these 16 fingers of mine
(shows *anime *with many fingers on both hands).

We change the term “unit” for a “pair”. Like we do not count inhabitants
but married couples, each unit in our demoscopy consists of *one piece a *and
of *one piece b*. These are our *logical primitives (M. Abundis).*

Our logical primitives have a *habitat. *They have linear ranks, planar
places and spatial positions. We can order them by hand in any way we want
to, and we shall imagine their habitat to be axiomatically subject to *periodic
changes*. Periodic changes alter the appurtenance of a primitive to a
specific rank in a sequence, in accordance to the requirement posed by the
periodic change presently in force. If the linear rank has changed, so the
planar places will change with it, and the spatial positions, too. *Periodic
changes bring forth spatial movements.*

Now watch what these logical primitives do in their brand-new habitat! As
they are forced to move (first in rank, caused by this, on plane, caused by
this, in space), their movements create *paths (strings, filaments, cycles)**.
*You have seen migration paths of migratory animals. You have seen the
Rubik cube. Now what you are demonstrated here is the ultimate Rubik cube,
in the version Nature appears to prefer to use, with *136 *movable (pairs
of) elements. Our cube has *72 *edges, because we use *9 *properties of the
primitives, each once as the first, and once as a 2nd sorting criterium.
The path is given by the order imposed by the periodic changes, which
re-activates relationships among the primitives, by which they get
organised into cycles. You have to see the cycles in order to understand
that the term *periodic changes *implies as a logical consequence
*spatial-temporal
structures. *(A few sessions back, pictures similar to Youri’s were shared.
Biologic Geometry.)

*We now come to the question of the cylinder and the rabbit*. I deeply
sympathise with a reluctance to spend time on a promised wonder, since the
subject knows that there is no way to produce a number theoretical rabbit
out of a number theoretical cylinder. Yet, exactly this is what is
happening here. The enormity of the breaking of taboos gives energy to your
conjurer who keeps telling you that this is indeed a mathematical act of
apparent creation and destruction.

The rabbit and the cylinder have a *background – foreground* relation to
each other. We know that we perceive similarities before a background of
diversities, and that we perceive diversities before a background of
similarities. The movements of the primitives come in two main types:
*similarity-related
and diversity-related*. Similarity-related are all those results (data,
properties) which are counted on such continuities which have identical
steps. (Like *N*) Of such continuities, there are *10 *in the life of the
logical primitives. These *10 *sorting order axes we stitch together into *two
*rectangular axed Euclid spaces (there go *6 *axes), which are crossed by *two
*planes more (the remaining *4 *axes.) The cylinder is a spatial grid in
two versions transcended by two planes. The rabbit is that what is not the
spatial grid, undergoing the remaining *62 *periodic changes. In this view,
the space is the background, being made up of identical units (of
distance), and everything else is the diversity in the foreground. Of
course, in a reading based on diversity, one observes that some primitives
want to stay close to each other (attracting each other or merging), while
some others’ proximity causes the creation of additional units measured in
similarity (that things repulse each other or explode).

This being a demonstration of accounting where nothing gets created and
nothing gets lost, what *has been a cylinder must become a rabbit and the
other way around*, otherwise the people will cry cheat. The great surprise
is that this is indeed possible. The metamorphosis happens by translating
the characteristic properties of both rabbit and cylinder into units of a
dimension of a measure, for which maybe *cohesiveness* would be a good
name. Eddington has shown that a cohesive assembly can have no more
than *{136,137}
*distinguishable object-level elements, which result is confirmed by the
limits on the number of (symbols most elementary of) the stories one can
narrate about the adventures of the logical primitives.

*The cohesiveness* is understood to be a Flexible Principle of Nature (a
sliding natural constant), here visible in its natural form caused by a
slight discongruence between two combinatorial functions. The discongruence
itself gives rise to the fundamental thought that things can be coherent,
consistent, cohesive to *differing degrees*. Old school thinking does not
allow for questioning the coherency of logical statements: either these are
congruent, coherent and consistent or they are not at all. The lack of the
traditional, extremely stable, invariant cohesiveness is the philosophical
reason for there being any two parts of the world, and be they logic and
reality, matter and space, similarity and diversity.

The fact of the matter is, that there is a loophole of roughly 340 % in one
direction and 350 % in the other direction through which loophole
transformations of alternatives into probabilities and certitudes can take
place. The same degree of cohesiveness can be defined to exist, if on
*n *logical
primitives *(q,w,Z,etc) *logical relations exist, and on a second set (or
later) the same *(q,w,Z,etc) *logical relations exist on *m *logical
primitives, maybe with a sliding proportion. Due to the slight
inconsistency in the answers to: *what is an object but a collection of its
relations? *in dependence of *n, *with matches in the density of relations
similar – diverse if the objects count *32, 97, *and mismatches with
opportunities to make a deal between similar and diverse if the objects
count *11, 66*, there is *a natural bazar open to exchange* form or space
for matter or energy, potential with certitude. The algorithms for
molecular geometry come from these terms of trade. *{Similar, diverse,
numerous} are interdependent.*

Narratives as such can consist of only one kind of descriptions,
similarity-related or diversity-related. Traditionally, we have only used –
in science – the narrative based on similar units. In actual Nature no
thing can exist of which the complete narrative contains only descriptions
of similarity, or only of diversity. The cohesiveness is a three-way
balance: how many things are how similar and how diverse relative to each
other?

*To summarise:*

Simple symbols, like numbers, are extremely useful for checking whether one
talks nonsense. If one can’t relate the true-telling mechanism to the
subject of his research, one is not yet at the stage, where one can make a
reasoned hypothesis and check whether it is true. The attitude towards the
true-telling mechanism, that it is inefficient and only useful for a small
portion of questions, is understandable in view of the limitations of
true-telling machines in commercial use up to our days. Now, with the help
of computers, some patterns were discovered while looking into the
self-organisational, adaptive properties of the most simple symbols, like
numbers. The utilisation of these patterns to understand transformations
between *background – foreground – number of players – their predictable
positions – their properties – the properties of their surroundings – the
system of distances among players – etc. *is presently not yet widely done.
No problem, this rabbit – cylinder like matter – space interdependence,
rooted solidly in natural numbers, will find its way into the toolbox of
many professionals, and maybe there will be also some scientists among
those who are interested in *Rubik Sudokus*. You cannot lose a bet on the
idea that sorting, ordering and reordering simple logical tokens will turn
up unavoidable patterns and that these patterns will be interesting for
Physics and Chemistry.

With great respect:

Karl