[Fis] Fwd: Entropy, the Second Law, and Life

Arieh Ben-Naim ariehbennaim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 20:46:03 CET 2021

Dear Jerry,
I will not elaborate on the  words “accident” and “special” since I have
discussed that in details in several books.
Regarding your two assertions about “If entropy... then....chemical
thermodynamics and the law of mass action,”
that is not true.
Note that in chemical thermodynamics the central quantity is the chemical
potential, and this contains T and S. Therefore, whatever the dimensions of
the entropy are, the product of T and S will have the dimensions of energy.
Therefore the two assertions are erroneous.
Best
Arieh