[Fis] FW: Fwd: Entropy, the Second Law, and Life. Order /and/ Disorder

Loet Leydesdorff loet at leydesdorff.net
Wed Jan 6 09:35:01 CET 2021

Dear Arjeh,

Let me take the liberty to point you to:

Leydesdorff, L., & Ivanova, I. A. (2014). Mutual Redundancies in
Interhuman Communication Systems: Steps Toward a Calculus of Processing
Meaning. Journal of the Association for Information Science and
Technology, 65(2), 386-399. doi: 10.1002/asi.22973

Leydesdorff, L., Johnson, M., & Ivanova, I. (2018). Toward a Calculus of
Redundancy: Signification, Codification, and Anticipation in Cultural
Evolution. Journal of the Association for Information Science and
Technology, 69(10), 1181-1192. doi: 10.1002/asi.24052

Leydesdorff, L., & Ivanova, I. A. (2021; early view). The Measurement of
Interdisciplinarity and Synergy in Scientific and Extra-Scientific
Collaborations. Journal of the Association for Information Science and
Technology. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.24416

I try to stay close to the Shannon measures of information; for resaons
of parsimony.

Best,
Loet

<https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030599508>Loet Leydesdorff

Professor emeritus, University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)

loet en leydesdorff.net <mailto:loet en leydesdorff.net>;
http://www.leydesdorff.net/

http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ych9gNYAAAAJ&hl=en

ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-7835-3098;

"The Evolutionary Dynamics of Discursive Knowledge" at

https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-030-59951-5