[Fis] Fwd: Entropy, the Second Law, and Life

Arieh Ben-Naim ariehbennaim at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 13:13:30 CET 2021

Dear Michel, and whoever interested,

I fully agree that there is no definition of order for a thermodynamic
system.
However, even if there was a definition it will not be relevant to entropy
(except for on “definition” by Callen, who “defines” disorder by Shannon
measure of information.
I have criticized this “definition” in several of my books, specifically in
Entropy: The Greatest Blunder in the History of Science).

In addition, and independently of the availability of a definition to
order, or disorder, I do not think one can apply the concept of Entropy, or
the Second Law to living organisms
Best wishes and a happy new year.
Arieh

--