[Fis] FW: Informatic Principles (redux) - Reply to Christophe, Karl, and Francesco. Properties and Constraints

Joseph Brenner joe.brenner at bluewin.ch
Mon Sep 21 10:17:53 CEST 2020

CM; Something truly meaningless could exist in a place where there is no
constraint.

Christophe’s last lines get at the heart of the matter: restated positively:
something truly meaningful could exist in a place only in place where there
are constraints.

CM: Can a trend to increasing complexity be considered as a constraint for a
post big-bang universe?

My answer is yes, but if the trend is inherent in the universe, increasing
complexity is a property of it. We are thus in a teleological discussion of
whether the ‘purpose’ of the universe is to increase its complexity, as
Gerhard Luhn has suggested. My conclusion is that property and constraint
are a dialectic pair, evolving, like information, with the unfiverse.

Best wishes,

Joseph

  _____