[Fis] New Dialog on Social Systems. Omnology

Howard Bloom howlbloom at aol.com
Mon Nov 30 00:50:54 CET 2020

Joe, thanks  for your frankness.
everything in science is a hypothesis and up for criticism and replacement.
and the method of science involves checking your theses over and over  again against the facts.  i took that to be implied in the Omnologist Manifesto.
the role of poetry in science?  poetry often is our first way of grasping previously inexpressible realities in symbolic form.  it can provide meat that science can then transform into testable hypotheses.
for the argument on the role of the arts in science, see my book The God Problem:  How a Godless Cosmos Creates.
as for the aspiration to omnipotence, the need for control is built into the biology of mammals.  see Herbert M.Lefcourt. Locus of Control: Current Trends in Theory and Research, 2ded. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associ­ates, 1982.  And see my five books of science.

but if by omnipotence you mean a desire for totalitarianism, that is a radical misrepresentation of my intention  and of omnology.
with warmth and oomph--howard

ps.  some quotes about The God Problem may be useful in establishing my bona fides:

"Truly awesome. Terrific." Dudley Herschbach, Harvard U, 1986 Nobel Prize inChemistry

“Deep, provocative, spectacularly well written… apowerful tool …wonderful…a great book.” Robert Sapolsky, MacArthur Genius Award winner, Stanford University,author of Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers

"If Howard Bloom is only 10 percent right, we'llhave to drastically revise our notions of the universe. There's no mysticism inThe God Problem-- no God, no religion, no incommunicable spiritual insights --just the contagious joy of a great mind set loose on the biggest intellectualpuzzles humans have ever faced. Whether you're a scientist or a hyper-curiouslayperson, Bloom's argument will rock your world."  Barbara Ehrenreich, author of Nickel andDimed, National Magazine Award Winner

“The God Problem is the next paradigm. It doesn’t takeyou down the proverbial ‘rabbit hole’ -- it will take you to a place from whichyou will never re-emerge, a brand new universe in the same skin as the one younow unknowingly inhabit.”              Heinz Insu Fenkl, director, The Interstitial Studies Institute, SUNY

"Bloody hell...What a truly extraordinary book. I'mgob-smacked." Francis Pryor, President of the Council for BritishArchaeology, author, Britain BC

"Profound and extraordinary." Yuri Ozhigov,Chair of Quantum Informatics, Moscow State University, author, ConstructivePhysics

"Entertaining, suspenseful, rigorous, and thoroughlymathematical." Martin Bojowald, loop quantum cosmologist, Penn State,author of Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe

"Enthralling. Astonishing.  Written with thepanache of  the Great Blondin turningsomersaults on the rope above Niagara. Profound, extraordinarily eclectic, and crazy.   The most exciting cliffhanger of a book Ican remember reading." James Burke, creator and host of seven BBC TVseries, including Connections