[Fis] New Dialog on Social Systems

Pedro C. Marijuan pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es
Sat Nov 28 19:17:51 CET 2020

Dear Joseph and colleagues,

Let me first cordially thank to the contributors who have chimed in the
list and expressed their appreciation. About your reflection, yes, it
was a neat transdisciplinary exercise. It was an initial idea from
Andrei that we two crystallized during the IS4SI venue in Berkeley. In
some sense it is unusual business, given the compartmentalized structure
of most research, but at the same time it may be the natural way to look
at such "information objects" of extreme complexity as societies are. We
need a bunch of the perspectives capable of saying anything interesting
or relevant about them. For medieval thinker Raymond Lulli this handling
of heterogeneous perspectives was the intellectual "Ars Magna".  It
represents the continued recombination processes withing the "ecologies
of knowledge" of our colleague Yixin. And it was one of fundamental
information principles I presented last month.

And to draw some more water to my own mill, quite many principles of
those variegated disciplines might be put in connection with the
principles of information science. Information science and information
philosophy would appear as the "unofficial handlers" of that intuitive Art.

Best regards
--Pedro

El 28/11/2020 a las 10:31, Joseph Brenner escribió

> Dear Pedro, Dear Andrei,
>
> Many thanks to you both for the opportunity to have participated in
> this remarkable project! I look forward to reading all the papers,
> especially those of some of the non-FIS contributors with whom I have
> lost contact. It just occurred to me that this /Special Issue /is an
> exemplary /Transdisciplinary /Project, of the kind that IS4SI is
> supposed also to help develop. We could either just say: /Nous faisons
> de la Transdisciplinarité sans le savoir /or we could use this concept
> in some way. I offer this thought for your consideration during the
> 3^rd International Congress on Transdisciplinarity which is in
> progress essentially on-line for the next six months. Comments welcome.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Joseph

Pedro C. Marijuán

pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es