[Fis] 10 Principles

Jaime Cardenas-Garcia jfcardenasgarcia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 18:16:18 CEST 2020

Dear Krassimir, Loet and Bruno,

Previously, I posted links to two recently published papers that might be
of interest. Their titles and abstracts are given below.

They relate to a fundamental perspective on information that points to a
novel generic paradigm of information that treats information as a *secondary
concept* that allows discovery of information as a *primary concept*. I
would even venture to say that it subsumes Shannon information. Its basis
is Bateson’s ‘difference which makes a difference’ allowing the discovery
of the process for information as info-autopoiesis that includes
objective/syntactic and subjective/semantic aspects. I welcome your
engagement with the content of these papers.

*Bateson Information Revisited: A New Paradigm*

*Abstract*: The goal of this work is to explain a novel information
paradigm claiming that all information results from a process, intrinsic to
living beings, of self-production; a sensory commensurable,
self-referential feedback process immanent to Bateson’s difference that
makes a difference. To highlight and illustrate this fundamental process, a
simulation based on one-parameter feedback is presented. It simulates a
homeorhetic process, innate to organisms, illustrating a self-referenced,
autonomous system. The illustrated recursive process is sufficiently
generic to be the only basis for information in nature: from the single
cell, to multi-cellular organisms, to consideration of all types of natural
and non-natural phenomena, including tools and artificial constructions.

The link is: https://www.mdpi.com/2504-3900/47/1/5

*The Process of Info-Autopoiesis – the Source* *of all Information*

*Abstract*: All information results from a process, intrinsic to living
beings, of info-autopoiesis or information self-production; a sensory
commensurable, self-referential feedback process immanent to Bateson’s
‘difference which makes a difference’. To highlight and illustrate the
fundamental nature of the info-autopoietic process, initially, two
simulations based on one-parameter feedback are presented. The first,
simulates a homeostatic control mechanism (thermostat) which is
representative of a mechanistic, cybernetic system with very predictable
dynamics, fully dependent on an external referent. The second, simulates a
homeorhetic process, inherent to biological systems, illustrating a
self-referenced, autonomous system. Further, the active
incorporation/interference of viral particles by prokaryotic cells and the
activation of CRISPR-Cas can be understood as info-autopoiesis at the most
fundamental cellular level, as well as constituting a planetary network of
self-referenced information. Moreover, other examples of the
info-autopoietic nature of information are presented to show the generality
of its applicability. In short, info-autopoiesis is a recursive process
that is sufficiently generic to be the only basis for information in
nature: from the single cell, to multi-cellular organisms, to consideration
of all types of natural and non-natural phenomena, including tools and
artificial constructions.

The link is: https://rdcu.be/b4dnU

Kind Regards,

Jaime

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 6:22 PM Krassimir Markov <markov at foibg.com> wrote:

> Dear Loet,
> Thank you for yours remarks and questions!
>
> About point *1. Information is a primary concept*
> I could not say anything. These principles were proposed by Pedro and
> maybe he would answer.
>
> Point *2. Information is a secondary concept*
> is written to show some differences.
>
> These two points correspond to the different paradigms about concept
> information.
> The first one is based on understanding that the information exists
> independently of consciousness and it is everywhere. This is so called
> “Attributive paradigm”.
> The second one is the “Subjective paradigm” which is based on
> understanding that information is a result from consciousness processing
> and exists only in its memory.
> So, it is clear, I belong to the second paradigm.
>
> Why “data” instead of information?
> The “Data“ and “Information” are dialectically interconnected.
> The same reflection is Data or Information depending of the subjective
> interconnections between internal mental models and it.
>
> What is reflected by whom?  The reflection for the Subject is what is
> activated on its receptors. So, the subject, or INFOS, reflects states of
> its external and internal sensors.
>

> The measurement is not clear. Yes! What is happen in the consciousness is
> still not known. But for practical needs we already used differed
> structures and distances. There is nice work of Deza and Deza called
> “Encyclopedia of distances”  published by Springer. In addition you may
> see the ITHEA book  “Mathematics of distances”
> http://foibg.com/ibs_isc/ibs-25/ibs-25.htm .
>
> You are welcome for further questions and remarks!
>
> Friendly greetings
> Krassimir

Jaime F. Cárdenas-García, PhD, PE
JFCardenasGarcia at gmail.com