[Fis] [External Email] A little methodical remark. A parsing of it

Stanley N Salthe ssalthe at binghamton.edu
Thu Jul 9 21:29:44 CEST 2020

Joseph: I agree, but in my view your correct expression, “while the
potential is unfolding” has two significant consequences: the process is
neither instantaneous nor spontaneous. In the Lupasco view of dynamics, a
potential ‘unfolds’ against some actual resistance to that unfolding, and
the effects, in almost the same language, emerge, actualized, as a
consequence of that opposition. The word “only” to modify “at the same
time” is justified for simple processes which *do* go to an ideal limit of
0 or 1, *not* for complex, informational processes. Is there an ‘end’ to
this dialogue?! And is information not present throughout it?

STAN: Yes. I am satisfied that I understand your general approach, and that
I have elicited some pertinent responses to queries.