[Fis] [External Email] A little methodical remark. A parsing of it

Joseph Brenner joe.brenner at bluewin.ch
Thu Jul 9 18:07:14 CEST 2020

Stan and Krassimir – your comments go directly to the heart of the ‘dynamic
opposition’ which Lupasco postulated. Each part of your statements is
capable of an alternative interpretation which does not ‘prove’ but keeps
open my picture. I will start with Krassimir’s ‘language’.

1.	We do indeed need a ‘third concept’, but it can be a process concept
rather than a state concept, for which the term ‘digit’ is fine.
2.	However, the result is not a ‘dialectical unity’, which for me is
another inert abstraction. One needs a process term that includes the entire
world-line of the emergence.
3.	The terms ‘reflection’ and ‘mental models’ can be collapsed into the
actual and potential aspects of the information process. These are part of
or inhere in the process Stan calls ‘unfolding’, but the new entity that
emerges is not cut off from its precursors. In a complex process it is
present (actual) together with the potential for further emergence.
4.	I would never say, and have never said, that ALL information or
other processes operate via an unfolding – resistance to unfolding pattern.
This is neither correct nor NECESSARY. This does not happen or have to
happen ALWAYS. Please just consider with me, if you would, those complex,
non-algorithmic processes where it DOES.
5.	The two approaches can go happily off into the sunset together, but
not alone.

Cheers,

Joseph

  _____