[Fis] LECTURE RESPONSES UP TO 23.01.20

Loet Leydesdorff loet at leydesdorff.net
Fri Jan 24 07:09:32 CET 2020

>How do the code and progress of science ‘operate’? Also, falseness is
>not restricted only to leaders. Finally, for better understanding,
>Louis XIV may well be called the Great King of the codification, but
>the contrast with Caligula is not warranted since I did not claim such
>a role for him. For me, a theory of falsehood, as of disinformation,
>begins with intent.

I mentioned Louis XIV because during the 18th century and mainly in
France one can witness the construction of state apparatuses which rely
on the organization of knowledge; for example, in hospitals and
engineering. In the earlier period, deviant opinion could easily be
considered as heresy.  This changes, when the communication of knowledge
becomes focal: Du choc des opinion jaillit la vérité!

Best,
Loet

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor emeritus, University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)

loet en leydesdorff.net <mailto:loet en leydesdorff.net>;
http://www.leydesdorff.net/
Associate Faculty, SPRU, <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/>University of
Sussex;

Guest Professor Zhejiang Univ. <http://www.zju.edu.cn/english/>,