[Fis] FW: On disinformation. Why disinformation survives

Mark Johnson johnsonmwj1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 17:14:32 CET 2020

Hi Joe,

Regarding your "objective altruistic criteria" (I quite agree), is this in
Bob Ulanowicz's and Loet's territory, do you think? Bob - are you there?

Is this a trade-off between autocatalysis and mutual information in
communication ecosystems? That would provide some kind of metric -
particularly in the light of Loet's work.

Personally, I would expect distortions in anticipatory systems which might
be analysable through communication processes. Trump's tweets, and the
chilling dynamics unfolding around what is obviously a stand-off in
electoral trust are an excellent test-ground for some practical work.

What do you think?

Mark

Dr. Mark William Johnson
Institute of Learning and Teaching