[Fis] French Chapter

Michel Petitjean petitjean.chiral at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 18:13:38 CEST 2019

Dear Pedro, dear FISers,

Please let me introduce the french chapter that we just created wthe the
help of Pedro, in view of the FIS-IS4SI collaboration project.
Today, we count four members: Christian, Christophe, Ramon, and myself.
You can read more about us below.
Of course the french chapter is opened to more members.
The french nationality is not required: a clear link with France suffices.
Please contact us if you are interested.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Michel.

Contribution from Christian:
Dear All,

In a few lines :

Organisational dynamics around the collective production of information and
communication processes, particularly in the sectors of healthcare, social
protection and the social economy, cultural heritage and territorial
development. Qualified positioning of ICOE: Information and Communication
Organizing Ecosystems (organizations, companies, social groups,
territories, etc.)
Competitive Intelligence (decision support, innovation) and Territorial
Intelligence (observatories, actors engagement and cooperation around
shared knowledge for the sustainable development of territories, or as a
lever of resilience, especially of weakened territories.
Competitive Intelligence as organizational intelligence and evaluation
(quality approach, relevance and consistency of data) as an aid to the
development of organizations and territories.

Best regards

Christian

CHRISTIAN BOURRET
Professeur des Universités en Sciences de l'Information et de la
Communication
Institut Francilien d'Ingénierie des Services (IFIS)
Directeur Adjoint Equipe de recherche DICEN IDF et IFIS

T : 01 60 95 78 01 - F : 01 60 95 78 33
Campus du Val d'Europe Bâtiment Erasme - Bureau 117
christian.bourret en u-pem.fr

UPEM - Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée
CITÉ DESCARTES - 5 BOULEVARD DESCARTES - CHAMPS-SUR-MARNE
77454 MARNE-LA-VALLÉE CEDEX 2 - [ http://www.u-pem.fr/ | WWW.U-PEM.FR ]

Contribution from Christophe:
 Dear all,

in a few lines, my interest goes with evolutionary approaches to meaning
generation and to self-consciousness.

* Meaning generation:

- Model of meaning generation usable for animals, humans and AAs. (the
Meaning Generator System)  https://philpapers.org/rec/MENICA-2)

- Meaningful representations used in an evolutionary background (
https://philpapers.org/rec/MENCOI)
- Use the MGS for TT, SGP, CRA to address the limits of AI  (
https://philpapers.org/rec/MENTTC-2)

* Self-Consciousness:

- Meaningful representations allowing an evolutionary scenario for
self-consciousness (https://philpapers.org/rec/MENPFA-3)

- Self-conciousness and anxiety limitation as sharing a common evolutionary
nature (https://philpapers.org/rec/MENPFA-4)
- Evolutionary scenario linking human evil to the nature of
self-consciousness (https://philpapers.org/rec/MENSAH)

All the best

Christophe (http://crmenant.free.fr/Home-Page/index.HTM)

Contribution from Ramon:
Dear Michel,

Here I am sending you a few lines about my activities and research
interests connected to information.
Also, a web site that although tis not updated or complete, it's
representative:
http://lpp.parisdescartes.cnrs.fr/people/ramon-guevarra-erra/

I work at the Integrative Neuroscience and Cognition Center (before the
 LPP , Laboratoire de Psychologie de la Perception) at Paris Descartes.
I am interesting in two aspects of information in connexion with
neuroscience.

First, the efficient coding of perception and cognition by minimizing the
redundancy between different communication channels in the brain (efficient
coding hypothesis).
I have studied this mainly in the acoustic system.
Second, the emergence of consciousness as a result of a maximization of
information in functional networks. This leads to the idea that
consciousness is a state of optimal functionality of brain networks, a
state of intermediate neural synchronization. In pathologies such as
epilepsy, neural synchronization can even lead to the lost of
consciousness. This makes sense, as synchronized signals are typically
oscillations, conveying less information that more noisy signals. The same
is true for deep states of sleep. Interestingly, for sleep states with
dreams (REM phase) information in brain networs is high.

I am happy to be part of this group!
Best,
Ramon

Contribution from Michel:
Dear All,

I worked on cheminformation.
Chemical information is stored mainly in chemical data banks.
Taken one by one, data records are just ...data.
Analyzed all together, information and knowledge can be revealed.
This is true in other fields.
However, here, the main recorded data is the molecule.
It is a rather strange object, which must be handled with specific tools.
A part of my cheminformatics work can be found at:
http://petitjeanmichel.free.fr/itoweb.petitjean.grapĥs.html

I have other topics of interest: symmetry, and particularly chirality
(see below the url of my welcome page about chirality).

All my best,

Michel.

Michel Petitjean
Université de Paris, BFA, CNRS UMR 8251, INSERM ERL U1133, F-75013 Paris,
France
Phone: +331 5727 8434; Fax: +331 5727 8372
E-mail: petitjean.chiral en gmail.com (preferred),
        michel.petitjean en univ-paris-diderot.fr
http://petitjeanmichel.free.fr/itoweb.petitjean.html