[Fis] Fis Digest, Vol 61, Issue 9 (Please, be more realistic)

Malcolm Dean malcolmdean at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 12:25:01 CEST 2019

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2019 12:02:45 +0300
> From: "Krassimir Markov" <markov at foibg.com>
> To: "Malcolm Dean" <malcolmdean at gmail.com>, "FIS"
>         <fis at listas.unizar.es>
> Subject: [Fis] Please, be more realistic!
>
> Dear Malcolm,
> "religious, mythical or esoteric kinds of thoughts" belong to the class of
> believing.
> Believing is nice psychological condition but not constructive and useful.
> For instance, I believe that I am a rich man, but unfortunately in real I
> am not!
> Because of this I could not take part in very interesting FIS and IS4IS
> conferences!
> Please, be more realistic!
> Friendly greetings
> Krassimir
>
> My point is that even if your bias is accepted as absolutely true, just
for one moment, that does not excuse any definition of Information from
having to explain their origins and functions.

Dismissing them as beliefs, psychological conditions, and "not constructive
and useful" is not itself "constructive or useful." It is your opinion and
worldview.

If you can explain how these kinds of thoughts originate and function, then
you have the beginning of scientific dialogue. Otherwise, not. And such an
explanation, for the purpose of this forum, should be limited to the nature
of Information, and not other hypotheses such as we can find in
Anthropology and Evolutionary Psychology.

*Malcolm Dean*
Editor: How Information Creates Its Observer (Lerner 2019)
<https://www.amazon.com/How-Information-Creates-Its-Observer/dp/1536152862/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vladimir+s.+lerner&link_code=qs&qid=1558730628&s=gateway&sr=8-2>
*Member*, Higher Cognitive Affinity Group, BRI
*Research Affiliate*, Human Complex Systems, UCLA
<http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Malcolm_Dean>

*So it is necessary for you to be abreast of everything; on the one hand,
the unshakable heart of well-rounded truth, and, on the other, the opinions
of mortals, in which there is no true conviction.* (Parmenides, Fragment 24)