[Fis] Fis Digest, Vol 61, Issue 6

Malcolm Dean malcolmdean at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 08:47:43 CEST 2019

The format of this transmission is mangled, and an attachment did not
survive transmission.

Nevertheless, my attention was drawn to the following statement:

"If one excludes religious, mythical or esoteric kinds of thoughts, there is
no escaping the fact that the unknown can only be approached from the
inside of the bubble in which we live our rational, logical, communicable
lives."

Surely the exclusion of "religious, mythical or esoteric kinds of thoughts"
is
proof that any such approach is a biased view of a selected portion of the
cosmos.
A complete account of Information must include their origin and function.

I agree that the idea of "rational, logical, communicable lives" is a
bubble,
but it is in danger of being popped at any moment.

Malcolm Dean
Editor: How Information Creates Its Observer (Lerner 2019)
Member, Higher Cognitive Affinity Group, BRI
Research Affiliate, Human Complex Systems, UCLA

 --
<https://www.amazon.com/How-Information-Creates-Its-Observer/dp/1536152862/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vladimir+s.+lerner&link_code=qs&qid=1558730628&s=gateway&sr=8-2>
*Member*, Higher Cognitive Affinity Group, BRI
*Research Affiliate*, Human Complex Systems, UCLA
<http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Malcolm_Dean>
*Member*, SMPTE <https://www.smpte.org/>
*On Google Scholar
<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ZopY3eQAAAAJ&hl=en>*

*So it is necessary for you to be abreast of everything; on the one hand,
the unshakable heart of well-rounded truth, and, on the other, the opinions
of mortals, in which there is no true conviction.* (Parmenides, Fragment 24)