[Fis] FW: Sections in FIS. Mombering Elements and Systems of Them

Joseph Brenner joe.brenner at bluewin.ch
Sun Nov 17 11:26:46 CET 2019

Dear Karl and All.

Karl wrote: We invent following alterations to the numbering system: we use
two logical systems that interact. One refers to the sequenced way of
reading the elements of a collection, one refers to the overview way of
reading the collection. To solve the differing requirements posed on the
elements, we individuate the first few of the elements, by expressing them
as tuplets {a,b}. We then sort and order the tuplets. The resulting cycles
assign places to elements: places that differ in dependence of time, space
and other aspects. These aspects we read out of a declination table of
a+b=c. We arrive at the concept of elements that move while the system
undergoes periodic, rhythmic, cyclic changes. The movement patterns connect
elements to each other, thereby producing a more resilient and versatile web
of relations among facts.

This concept is of interest since it includes change and movement as
properties of logical elements. Unfortunately, Karl approaches the proposed
system from the epistemological side, which is not the ‘wrong’ one, but the
more limited. If any two systems interact in reality, there is a exchange or
flow of energy of some sort, that is also constitutes by – non-linguistic,
non-Boolean – logical elements. These establish, or rather allow for
understanding of, the “resilient and versatile web of relations” not among
facts, but between real physical processes, including those of information
and meaning generation and transfer.

Karl’s “mombering” approach, by omitting ontological relations and
interactions as primary, yields a system that cannot do the necessary
scientific and philosophical work. The phrase “movement patterns connect
elements” is superfluous, since what connects real elements is energy in
some form, more or less actual or potential, as the case may be.

As an epistemological theory “mombering” is not totally naked, but it needs
some ontological clothes to face the cold winds of reality.

Best,

Joseph

  _____