[Fis] "the mother of information"--MINI-BRAINS

Bill wbmiller1 at cox.net
Tue Jan 29 22:13:36 CET 2019

Dear Pedro,
I have not previously contributed to this thread, but thought that you
and your terrific readership might be interested in this article.

Miller Jr, W.B., Torday, J.S. and Baluška, F., 2018. Biological
evolution as defense of'self'. /Progress in biophysics and molecular
biology/.

Based within the conclusions defended in that article, there should be
no surprise about the experimental findings you mention below. Every
cell has self-referential consciousness, within its basal limits, and
assesses and deploys information as communication to problem-solve.
Hence, the researchers are not close to a pre-emergence of
consciousness, since it exists as the definition of life and they are
experimenting with living cells. In my opinion, the researchers nicely
substantiate the arguments within the above paper.  The pre-emergence
you mention below would then be prior to its instantiation in the living
cell, which would be somewhere along the trajectory of the molecular
attachment to information space-time that changes physical data to
biological information.

Best regards,
Bill